Jared and I love to eat healthy and we enjoy cooking together, so we decided to whip up a healthy version of Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas!
We found this recipe on MyRecipes.com , but changed a few things.
Here is what we did:
- 3 pre-made grilled chicken breast filets (chopped up into tiny pieces)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 2/3 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup (such as Healthy Request), undiluted
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Remove 1 cup chicken mixture; set mixture aside.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, brush oil over both sides of tortilla. Add tortilla to pan; cook 5 seconds on each side or until toasted and soft. Remove from pan; arrange 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of tortilla. Roll jelly-roll style; place filled tortilla, seam side down, in a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining 5 tortillas, remaining oil, and remaining chicken mixture. Spread reserved 1 cup chicken mixture evenly over enchiladas. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; Add salsa to your liking on top of enchiladas. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.