After this summer, Jared and I started feeling a little more sluggish, so we decided to change up our eating routine for a little refresher. Jared found an Athletic High Protein plan online and we followed it as closely as we could, with some modifications. With my past history of not eating enough and counting calories, Jared was the only one to look at the website so I wouldn't get caught up in the number game again. This plan was AWESOME because you didn't have to count any calories, the whole goal was to focus on getting at least 20g of protein at each meal and we ate 5 meals per day. Y'all know we love to eat, so this was our kinda meal plan!
Here's a sample day of eats on the plan:
Pre-Workout: Healthy PB bites or Banana and PB
M1: Oatmeal + Egg Whites with 1 egg and fruit
|On the days we did a strength training workout, we added protein to our eggs and oatmeal to kick that number up higher!|
M2: Chicken and Broccoli
M3: Chicken Salad made with Greek Yogurt, Corn, and a Sweet Potato
M4: Protein Shake
M5: Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry
Each day, the menu was a little different. Breakfasts were always changing and we even had smoothie bowls every Thursday morning!
Being part of the Sweat Pink community, I was given the opportunity to review these new Meal Enders:
We only ate them after a meal when we were still a little hungry.
MealEnders consist of two components: a sweet, outer reward layer and a cooling/tingling inner core. The outer layer provides a measured dose of “dessert” associated with the end of a meal, while the inner core engages the trigeminal nerve (the nerve that senses “taste”) with long-lasting cooling/tingling sensations that cleanse the palate.
(Side note, Jared and I are extremely fast eaters, so this actually helped us a lot! We learned to slow down and enjoy each bite. Now, we don't have to use the Meal Enders to cue our brain! Win!)
If you use the code FitHolidays20 you can get 20% off at MealEnders.com
**Be sure to keep scrolling to the bottom of this post for a chance to WIN some Meal Enders for yourself! One bag of each flavor, Cinnamon, Mint Chocolate, Mocha, and Citrus!**
Each week, we chose one TREAT meal to enjoy. One week, we recreated the most epic panini we ate this summer up in Canada. It had ham, double cream brie cheese, caramelized onion, and apple slices. IT WAS SO GOOD!
We have a few pros and cons of the plan and wanted to share with you.
1. It's expensive to eat so much meat!
2. You have to clean SO MANY dishes and tupperware containers.
3. Prepping food ahead of time takes a while.
4. We missed cheese and sauces and healthy fats! haha (We definitely added some avocado to a few meals just because we felt our bodies telling us we needed it)
1. We FELT so much better just after the first day!
2. We gained some lean muscle.
3. Being the Type A planner that I am, I liked the fact that I didn't have to think about what to pack for lunch and make for dinner each day. It was already done for me!
4. There wasn't any calorie counting at all!
5. We felt full after pretty much every meal, with the exception of a few times.
6. We no longer feel sluggish.
7. We have cut way down on excess snacking.
8. We ENJOY our food more instead of inhaling it like it's going to be gone if we don't eat it super fast.
9. Treat meal was always so awesome because we had something to REALLY look forward to every week!
After the month was over, we took a health test to see how we were doing overall.
We were THRILLED to see what we both had great blood pressure, good cholesterol, and blood sugar.
|I just have to add in the fun fact that I did score ONE point higher than Jared for the total!!|
We timed the month PERFECTLY as Jared headed to 2nd Stage Q-School the day after it was over. The last thing he needs is to worry about meal prep and counting protein at a golf tournament! He is still eating healthy during the week though. :)
Also, our FitSnack box came the day we were ending the plan too, so we could dig right into the awesome goodies!
I immediately made some more peanut butter bites with the Hemp Hearts thrown in and this delicious baked oatmeal with the Super Oats and Protein Bite Fuel on top! SOOOO GOOD!
All of the snacks are nutritious and healthy and taste awesome! Go check it out for yourself!
If you sign up, you will receive a free gym bag! WAHOO!
Now, if you'd like to win some Meal Enders, here are your giveaway entry options:
- Visiting MealEnders on Facebook
- Sharing the giveaway on Facebook and tagging MealEnders
- Following @MealEnders on Twitter and Instagram
- Tweeting about the giveaway, "@Kelsey_Wolfe7 is having a giveaway for @MealEnders #FitHolidays #sweatpink @fitapproach http://fitnessfanatic007.blogspot.com/2015/11/our-high-protein-plan-health-test.html"
Make sure you leave a comment for EACH entry below. Good Luck! Contest will run until next Sunday, November 29th.